On the afternoon of 27 February 2024, high-ranking executives from the factoring industry and government officials will gather for a half-day Global Factoring Summit, which has been organised by the FCI Executive Committee in Mumbai.
After the welcome speeches, there will be some panel discussions on topical subjects with members of the Executive Committee and local banks/factoring companies. We will also organise a roundtable discussion to discuss hot topics. The Summit will end with a cocktail reception and group dinner.
Key sessions covered during the Summit will include:
Panel Discussion on Best Practices in Different Markets
In this panel discussion, the most effective practices in various markets will be discussed. Each panellist will cover a particular market, such as the CEE/SEE, America/Asia, European, and SSEA/Indian markets. The panellists are all highly respected figures in the industry and have extensive experience and expertise to share. Attendees can expect to gain valuable insights and learn about the latest trends and techniques in factoring, trade finance, and cross-border transactions.
Moderator: Mr. Neal Harm, Deputy Secretary General, FCI
- CEE/SEE Market - Mr. Çağatay Baydar, Chairman, FCI; Board of Directors Chairman, TEB Faktoring, Turkey
- America/Asia Markets - Ms. Chenyue Mao, Vice-Chairman, FCI; Managing Director, Wells Fargo Bank, USA
- European Market - Ms. Monica Fernandez Barbero, Executive Committee Member, FCI; Head of International Factoring, Caixabank, Spain
- SSEA Market - Ms. Daniela Bonzanini, Executive Committee Member, FCI; Head of International, Banca IFIS, Italy
Panel Discussion on Risk Mitigation Tools of Trade Receivables
During this panel discussion, industry experts will delve into the various tools and strategies that organisations can use to manage risks and how they can leverage these tools to access funding. The session will cover the various financial instruments available which can assist organisations in managing their outstanding receivables and decreasing the credit/financial risks related to trade transactions. The panellists will share their personal experiences and insights on how to effectively incorporate these tools into an organisation's overall risk management strategy.
Moderator: Mr. Peter Mulroy, Secretary General, FCI
- Mr. Ravi Valecha, CEO, India Factoring and Finance Solutions, India
- Mr. Neil Shonhard, CEO, MonetaGo, Singapore
- Mr. Arun Soundarajan, CEO and Country Head India, Atradius, India
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) Representative
The Importance of Incorporating ESG in Supply Chain Finance
By Ms. Aparna Soni Bhalla, Consultant, The Asian Development Bank (ADB)
With more than 15 years of experience, Aparna Soni Bhalla is a Relationship Manager with ADB’s Trade and Supply Chain Finance team, working with multiple banks in various regions, spearheading the bank’s goal to promote and grow supply chain finance. Prior to this, she was at Standard Chartered Bank building relationships and growth for the bank's corporate banking business, predominantly in the areas of credit, client coverage and transaction banking.
Roundtable Discussion with FCI Executive Committee
During the event, the Executive Committee members will lead roundtable discussions to discuss various aspects of factoring in smaller groups. This presents an opportunity for our members and the industry to have an intimate conversation with them and sharing of industry insights and free-flowing dialogue. The Executive Committee comprises of:
Chairman: Mr. Çagatay BAYDAR, TEB Faktoring, Turkey
Vice-Chair: Ms. Chenyue MAO, Wells Fargo Bank N.A., USA
Vice-Chair: Mr. Philippe GRESTA, BNP Paribas Factor S.A., France
- Ms. Monica FERNANDEZ BARBERO, Caixabank, Spain
- Ms. Mary FARLEY, The CIT Group/Commercial Services, Inc., USA
- Mr. João COSTA PEREIRA, Banco Ourinvest S.A., Brazil
- Ms. Doaa HAFEZ, Egypt Factors (member of FIMBank Group), Egypt
- Mr. Julio NIELSEN, Eurocapital, Chile
- Ms. Jianbo SUN, China Construction Bank, China
- Ms. Dorota SZCZEŚNIAK, Santander Factoring, Poland
- Ms. Daniela BONZANINI, Banca IFIS, Italy, past Chairman
- Ms. Kanayo AWANI, AfreximBank, Egypt, representing affiliate members