Vision and Mission Statement
FCI’s Vision is to be the Global Association for the Open Account Receivables Finance Industry.
FCI Mission Statement:
- Receivables Finance is the core focus of the association and includes Factoring, Invoice Discounting and other Supply Chain Finance solutions.
- FCI has two main activities and value propositions:
- FCI facilitates and promotes International Factoring through a Correspondent Factoring platform.
- FCI is the Global Industry Association for Open Account Receivables Finance
- FCI actively supports the growth of the Industry and works jointly with policy makers and stakeholders worldwide
- FCI promotes best industry practices through education
- FCI publishes Information & Statistics about the Industry
- FCI endorses financial stability, the prevention of financial crime and respect for regulatory compliance and conduct
Discover FCI corporate brochure to learn more about us
FCI was set up in 1968 as an umbrella organisation for independent factoring companies around the world. Today we have grown into the world's representative factoring network and association with more than 400 members in 90 countries.
When FCI started, domestic factoring was only available in North America and a few European countries. The concept of cross-border factoring was still new and restricted by its lack of geographic reach. Recognising the potential for international factoring, the founding FCI members realised an umbrella organisation was needed, firstly to introduce factoring in countries where it was not yet available, and secondly to develop a framework for international factoring that would allow factoring companies in the country of the exporter and the importer to work closely together.
In 2016 the activities of IFG (International Factors Group) were integrated into FCI. Today, FCI is truly the global representative body for the Factoring & Receivables Finance Industry.
FCI offers three major areas of activities:
CONNECT : the Business network supports cross-border factoring activities through which its members cooperate as export and import factors
EDUCATE : FCI promotes and develops best practices in both domestic and international factoring and related Open Account Finance products
INFLUENCE : FCI promotes and defends the Industry with stakeholders and policy makers worldwide