Events by invitation only for EBRD partner banks and Central Bank of Jordan
EBRD and FCI joined forces for an online conference to present Factoring and Receivable Finance for Jordan audience. Factoring continues to grow successfully both in mature and in emerging markets. Through their control methods and permanent monitoring of the receivables of their clients, factoring companies or factoring divisions/departments of banks are able to provide more financing than traditional lenders to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and at the same time limit their credit risk to acceptable levels.
The objectives of the online regional conference are:
- To support the attendees in furnishing them with the required knowledge to establish factoring operations and how to provide SMEs to have access to financing and receivables management services
- To attract the awareness of the industry stakeholders and the potential users of the product
- To enhance the understanding in various aspects of factoring including;
- Advantages of factoring for various parties in the economy and comparison to traditional trade finance products
- Legal basics and benefits of a regulatory framework
- Mechanics, operations and risks management of factoring and its positive impact on the economy during the times of crisis
- Global trends in different markets
- The current state of the factoring market in the “country” - Understanding of necessary changes to the “country” legislation
- Analysis of required changes in banking regulation, perception & approach of the financial institution, regulators and potential users in the specific “country”
- The online regional webinars will target the regulator, issuing banks, potential clients and other stakeholders in the industry.